Entrepreneur is such as area which covers wide spectrum of activities. That is why it is some times beyond the control of the entrepreneur to arrange even basic facilities like finance, raw materials, water, power, connecting road, communication facilities and others to start the business activities.
Perhaps that is the reason for which many of the stages are yet to develop industrially due to lack of non-availability of those basis facilities. Neither entrepreneur could able to arrange nor the stage come to their reserve in meeting their requirements to commence the units.
In this regard it can be said that it is an established facts that industry occupy a key position in the economic development of any nation. The countries which are considered developed today; this is only because of their extra ordinary growth in the field of industries.
Thus every stage should come forward in motivating the budding entr3epreneursa with the basic provisions and assistance to start such ventures. Because adding up every individual business unit will not only it is the stage which will accrue innumerous advantages in form of direct and indirect employment, export, tax revenue, and others.
Thus, every stage must provide the minimum level of built up infrastructural facilities to attract more and more entrepreneurs to take up the economic activities at their level.
The Central and State Government institutions have come forward to help small entrepreneurs in this regard by providing different types of assistance, support and facilities; Creation of infrastructure facilities involves huge funds which small entrepreneurs cannot afford.
Government helps to make the economic environment more conducive to business and industry by arranging infrastructural facilities through different institutional support.
Institutional Support- Why?
We are living in a country of abundant natural resources; our human capital is the best among the other nations of the world. We top in the field information technology, producing technical men power, world’s largest English speaking people and what not.
But unfortunately we are the back benchers in the field of industrial development irrespective of all the above facilities. The reasons are obvious. Our country failed in harnessing the vast untapped prospective entrepreneurs. The old age concept that entrepreneurs are born and not made are no more valid.
Thus all attempt should be made by all corners to motivate and promote the young, interested youths to take up entrepreneurship as their career. Once they are motivated to become a successful entrepreneur. But it is not easy on the part of a small talented man to start any industrial venture without the basic facilities and resources.
To start with the most vital resources i.e. finance, it is impossible to carry out such economic activity without finance. Finance is considered as life blood of business. But it is beyond the capacity and capability of any single individual to contribute the required capital for the purpose.
Unless financial institution come forward, the dream of having an economic unit will be stopped then and there similar is the situation as regards to infrastructural facilities. A small business unit can not take the construction of approach road, water facilities provision for electricity, drainage, communication linkage and so on.
Unless, it is being provided no one can able to make the provision for the same and start the unit. In other cases like technical assistance, export import promotion, marketing assistance, fiscal concessions and others, if there is no support and facilities, setting up any economic unit on the part of a small entrepreneur become a stupendous task.
That is why since inception of our planning era, we have been giving much more stress on this vital sector to grew by providing many a support and assistant through different bodies and institutions. There are briefly discussed in subsequent paras as follows:
1. To prepare project profiles and feasibility on behalf of entrepreneur.
2. To undertake industrial potential surveys with a view to provide first hand information regarding raw material, required labour etc.
3. To identify potential entrepreneurs and provide them technical and managerial assistance.
4. To undertake market researches and surveys for specific products, so that in future the unit may not take any difficult in marketing products.
5. To undertake export consultancy for export oriented projects based on modern technology to facilitate export.
6. TO conduct entrepreneurship development programmes with a view to aware, create and groom entrepreneurs.
7. To procure and distribute scare raw materials as and when required.
8. To supply machinery on hire purchase system.
9. To render marketing assistance to small-scale industries with a view to effectively sell their products in competitive era.
10. To provide consultancy and trading services to strengthen the competitive ability and gain advance knowledge in the field.
11. To help in development and up gradation of technology and implementation of modernization programmes by replacing old and outdated equipments.
12. To undertake the mass construction of industrial estates with all basic facilities.
13. To provide infrastructure and accommodation facilities to the entrepreneurs.