In Joomla we used to create Section in Section Manager and categories in Category Manager. In this website we have displayed all the categories in the left side template position and have set it to category list layout. Therefore when one will click on any category it will display all the list of articles posted under it.
Now it is also possibly to add an image to our category/sections. This will drastically increase the outlook of the category/sections to a greater extend
Procedure to add/insert an image to our category/section in Joomla.
- Login to your Admin Panel
- Go to content - Click on Section Manager or Category Manager
- Now to create a new section/category click on the New button or click on the any existing category to open it in edit mode.
- Find image combo box and select an image from it. Then set it's position from the Image Position combo box.
- Click on the save button to complete the process of inserting/adding an image to the category/section.