When we login to the admin panel of a Joomla website, the “Welcome to Joomla” box can be seen in the right side of the control panel. All the backend users can see this welcome message .
In many circumstances such as, when we have developed a website for our client we don’t want that when our client login to the admin backend he should see the “Welcome to Joomla” message and learn that we have developed his website in Joomla. The reason may be many but the question is “How to remove ‘Welcome to Joomla’ tab/box from the Administration FrontPage/ admin panel of Joomla CMS”.
Research : When we login to the admin panel (www.oursite.com/administrator) we see things like:-
A single answers to all the questions like :
- How to remove the Logged in User box/tab in the admin panel/ administrative FrontPage of Joomla ?
- How to remove the Popular box/tab in the admin panel/administrative FrontPage in Joomla ?
- How to remove the Recent added Articles box/tab in the admin panel/administrative FrontPage in Joomla ?
- How to remove the Menu stats box in the admin panel of Joomla ?
In Joomla all the above things are nothing but various Administrator Modules like mod logged ,mod popular, modulates, mod stats etc which display it’s own text in the Administration FrontPage/admin panel of Joomla. As we know all the modules in Joomla can be management by the Module Manager page of Joomla CMS. Therefore we must follow the below given procedure to remove/disable any of the above things from Joomla Admin Panel.
- Log in to you Joomla Admin panel (www.yoursite.com/administrator)
- Go to Extension – Module Manager
- Click on the Administrator tab to view all the administrator modules.
- Select any module and delete it or just disable it from the module items as per the requirement.
For Example: To remove the Logged in User box/tab just select the mod_logged and remove/disable it.