The difference between Delcredere Commission and Over-riding Commission are:
- It is allowed to consignee when he undertakes the risk of bad debts arising out of credit sales.
- In return for this commission consignee guarantees the proceeds of the consignment sales.
- It is usually calculated on the total sales.
- It is allowed to consignee as an in centive to push sales at a higher price.
- In return for this commission, the consignee does not give any type of guarantee.
- Depending upon terms of agreement, it may be calculated on total sales or on the excess of total sales over invoice price or minimum specified price of goods sold.