Differentiate land transport and water transport.
The following differences between land transport and water transport can be drawn:
- The ways or tracks of land transport are artificial because kuccha and pucca roads are made for this purpose.
- It requires less amount of investment.
- The speed of this type of transport vary depending on the nature of vehicles.
- It is useful for internal trade.
- This type of transport is carried on over a short distance.
- It has a limited carrying capacity.
- Water transport is carried on natural highways.
- It requires a very large investment.
- The speed of this type of transport is usually slow.
- This is useful or international trade.
- This type of transport is carried on over a very long distance.
- It has a huge carrying capacity.