The following categories of importers or exporters are exempted from obtaining Importer-Exporter Code (ICE) number.
- Importers covered by clause 3(1) with the exception of those covered by the sub-clause(e) and (I)
- Exporters covered by clause 3(2) with the exception of those covered by the sub clause(I) and (k) of the foreign trade (Exemption from Application of rules in certain cases) Order, 1993
- Ministries/Departments of the central or a state Government.
- Persons importing or exporting goods for their personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal provided the CIF value of a signal consignment does not exceed India Rs. 25000.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed India Rs. 25000.
Sponsored by The Wisdom Post