The differences between the South-West Monsoon and Retreating Monsoon :
- These winds blow from June to September
- The direction of these winds is from West to the North East.
- During these months S.W. Monsoons cover the whole of India and give heavy rainfall. The humidity is high. The pressure is low on the land area.
- These winds blow during October and November.
- These winds are calm.
- The temp. increases again, the land being covered with rainy water, the humidity becomes high. The temperature goes up. The coastal areas of Tamil Nadu receive maximum rainfall from these retreating winds.
Sponsored by The Wisdom Post