Contribution of Shri Bal Gangadhar Tilak :
- He was the first extremist leader who fearlessly declared 'Swaraj is my birth right and I must have it'.
- He organised the nationalist movement in Maharashtra in order to bring it into conflict with, the British Government.
- He stalled Home Rule Movement.
- He united-both wings (moderates and extremists) of Congress Party.
- He appealed to the people of India to boycott British goods, British courts, schools and colleges.
- Tilak was jailed many times by the Britishers.
- He infused new spirit of self sacrifice among the masses.