This article describes the differences between Proprietary Rights and Personal Rights.
- Chattels, buildings, lands, books, utensils, copy rights, shares, debentures, etc. are all “proprietary rights”.
- All proprietary rights are calculated with value.
- These are the elements of a man’s wealth.
- All family relations and rights, viz. wife-husband, son-parents, etc. are “personal rights”. Personal liberty, reputations, freedom, from bodily harm, etc are the personal rights.
- All personal rights are calculated with status and affection.
- These are the elements of a man’s welfare.