The rights of the 'secretary in relation to the company depend primarily on his contract with the company. Speaking generally, a company secretary enjoys the following rights:
(1) To superintend, direct and control office work at the registered office of the company.
(2) To do all such acts as authorized by directors.
(3) To issue testimonials to employees on behalf of the company.
(4) To sign the proceedings of company meetings and other such documents, oil behalf of the company, which do not require common seal (Sec. 54).
(5) To get his remuneration. In winding up of the company a whole-time secretary has a right to claim four months' salary not exceeding rupees one thousand as a preferential creditor (Sec. 530).