The basic conditions necessary for maintaining good health are discussed in the following points :
1. Proper diet. For keeping good health, we should take a balanced diet containing required amount of essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins, etc.
2. Personal and domestic hygiene :
i) To keep good health, a person should clean his body regularly by bath. Once should also change clothes regularly.
ii) We should wash our hands thoroughly with soap and water before eating food and also after going to toilet.
iii) The food should be kept away from the reach of flies and other insects. The utensils used for cooking and service food should also be kept clean.
3. Clean food, water and air :
i) For keeping good health, we should wash the food grains, fruits and vegetable with clean water before using them.
ii) We should filter and boil the water before drinking to make it clean and eliminate the disease-causing bacteria.
iii) Pure air is necessary for keeping good health. We should use smokeless chulhas and well-ventilated places for work and living to avoid air pollution.
4. Regular physical exercise and walk is also necessary to keep the body mine fit and remain healthy. In addition t exercise, regular sleep and relaxation are also essential.
5. To keep good health, person should avoid smoking tobacco, chewing tobacco, deinking alcohol or taking drugs. The uses of these substances are bad habits which can have serious substances are bad habits which can have serious effect on the mind and body of person concerned.