The distinction between physical and chemical changes are :
1. The identity of the substance(s) is maintained.
2. No new substance(s) is produced.
3. Only physical state or some of the physical properties of the substance are changed..
4. The change is temporary. The substance returns to its original state as soon as the cause of change is withdrawn.,
5. Heat-change may or may not occur.
1. The identity of the original substance is completely lost.
2. A new substance is always produced.
3. Both physical and chemical properties of the substance are changed.
4. The change is permanent. The substance after the change cannot come back to its original state even when the cause of change is withdrawn.
5. Heat-change must occur.