- Needs more funds.
- Investigating Agency collects the data.
- Requires longer time for collection.
- More reliable and suitable to the enquiry because the investigator himself collects it.
- Requires elaborate organisation.
- No extra precautions are required.
- Needs comparatively less funds.
- Some other investigating agency collects it for its own use.
- Requires less time for collection.
- Less reliable and suitable as someone else has done that job of collection which may not serve the purpose.
- No need of any organizational set up.
- Secondary data need more care and attention.