Copyright infringement takedown notification policy – Historydiscussion.com
If you wish to have your articles removed from our site please follow the below given instructions.
It is our policy to respond to clear, legally valid notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the criteria established by Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998
DMCA Copyright Infringement Takedown Notification
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content published on our web site (www.historydiscussion.net) infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a notification pursuant to History Discussion’s Designated Copyright Agent with the following via email to copyright @ historydiscussion.net .
1. An electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the History Discussion’s web site is covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled. Include a direct link (URL) to each and every claim of infringement. We cannot action nonspecific claims based on keywords, search queries, title, name, or resemblance (physical or otherwise) to another document.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit History Discussion’s to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
History Discussion’s.com reserves the right to send copies of false, misleading, or malicious takedown notices to the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse and other DMCA watchdog groups for publication.