The theories of these early writers—Spencer, Marx and Weber—have a strong influence on the two main prevailing modern theories of stratification—Structural-Functional Theory and Conflict Theory that we are dealing with in the following paragraphs:
Social Groups: Definitions, Characteristics and Types!
The term 'culture' means different things to different people. Like most sociological concepts, culture is a term with both a popular as well as a sociological meaning.
- Amit Joshi
Differences between Sociology and Other Social Sciences!
- Girish Sharmaa
- Business Studies
Basic components of scientific management are: (1) separation of planning from doing (2) functional foremanship (3) determining 'fair day's work' and one best way of doing it (4) differential piecework system of wage payment and (5) bilateral mental revolution.
- Informal Organisation: it’s Meaning, Functions and Advantages!
- Elton Mayo and Human Relations Approach to Management
- Principles of Management: 7 Important Principles of Management– Discussed!
- Difference between Exchange Stability and Price Stability
- Occurrence of Misrepresentations or Omissions in Advertising a Product