Information Technology (IT) industry not only plays a significant role in the development of Indian Economy but also in creating new dimensions for other industries as well. By developing overwhelming software and hardware applications, technocrats are tapping new vistas of speed and accuracy every split second
Our generations are heavily reliable on click of mouse and touchpad to sustain their lives in this express digital scenario. Business processes might not be think of without having heavy technical infrastructure to exist itself in the cut throat competitive market.
Executive Information Systems and Decision Support Systems have wholly altered the decision making theories of earlier management with recently developed Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence tools. But what about security of these Information Systems (IS)? No doubt, IS Security is the prime concern which is taken into consideration by organizational management to secure their data and transactions from the criminal networks hosted from nay part of the globe, but every technique, tool, method, algorithm has certain loopholes which they might catch and intrude into the networks and moisturize the information to accomplish their own drives.
According to a report of Anti Phishing Working Group for 2nd Half of 2008, nearly One Lakh Thirty Eight Thousand fraudulent websites have been detected over internet to spread crime in the form of Phishing, a kind of cyber crime to dislocate the information from internet users to the various locations over the computer networks, misleading the user to wrong destinations.
The profound reliability over internet, intranet and extranet has put challenge before Government and Business Enterprises to make these channels of information secure an safe to gain the trust and confidence of their citizens and customers by designing and implementing highly sophisticated security barriers, which might be discovered through recruiting skilled professionals at each end.
According to NASSCOM report, there was a need for nineteen thousand cyber forensics professionals in India and a shortage of five lakhs IT professionals by the Year 2010. The various courses running in India with the help of different public and private Institutes/Universities/Colleges are designed for –
- IT Security Professionals (Network & Systems Administrator)
- Police & Armed Forces Professionals
- Law Enforcement Professionals (Law Students and on job Lawyers)
- Chartered Accountants
- Company Secretaries
- IT Auditors
- Web Designers And Developers
- E-Commerce Portal Developers
- IT Users
- Cyber Cops
- Cyber Investigators
- Cyber Detectives
Innovations are happening at a rapid pace in technology so there is a mounting requirement of skilled professioansl to deal with Cyber Crime prospects. Students who are planning to make their career in this area might opt on of the following options –
- Cyber Crime Investigation (Cyber Forensics)
- Cyber Laws
HR Manager recruits a variety of IT staff to manage IT resources over the enterprise. Depending on the internal policies of recruitment and positions might vary within Chief Security Officer (CSO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Director of Security, Security Auditor, Security Specialist, Security/Network/System Administrator, IT Auditor, Cyber Detectives/Investigators, whose responsibilities may be either –
- Develop and patrol a secure IT based platform to run the enterprise.
- Provide support to IT security professionals by developing effective business solutions.
- Design and upgrade existing web portals with the latest innovations as per user requirement.
- Prosecute the legal cases associated with Cyber Crime.
- Manage the network traffic policies and security for overall networking ranging from consumers to higher level executives (Decision Makers) by implementing tricky Client/Server policies.
- Investigate and uncover evidence of illegal activities conducted via electronic gadgets.
- Verify compliance with legislative or regulatory requirements.
- Identify the adequacy of accounting and control systems.
- Discover design security measure to protect electronic gadgets from intruders.
List of Universities/Institutes Offering Courses
University / Institute Name
6th Floor, Pride Senate,
Asian School Of Cyber Laws
Diploma In Cyber Law
PG Diploma In Cyber Law
Diploma In Cyber Crime Prosecution and Defence
ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator
PG Program in Cyber Crime & Corporate Liability
PG Program in Cyber Security & Incident Response
Nalsar University of Law
PG Diploma In Cyber Law
NalSar Proximate Education,
Centre for Distance Education,
University of Hyderabad
PG Diploma In Criminal justice And Forensic Science
PG Diploma In Cyber Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
“Ujvala”, No. 37, 20th Main BSK Stage I
Cyber Law College
Certificate in Cyber Laws for Professionals
Advanced Certificate Course in Cyber Law
Certificate Course in Cyber Laws for Netizens (CCLN)
Proficiency in Cyber Crime Cyber Laws of India
Atul Bamrara & Dr. Gajendra Singh