Microsoft, realizing that ASP does possess some significant shortcomings, developed ASP.NET. ASP.NET is a set of component that provides developers with a framework with which to implement complex functionality. Two of the major improvements of ASP.net over traditional ASP are scalability and availability. ASP.NET is scalable in that it provides state services that can be utilized to manage session variables across multiple web servers in a server farm. Additionally, ASP.NET possesses a high performance process model that can detect application failures and recover from them.
Along with improved availability and scalability, ASP.NET provides the following additional benefits.
ASP.NET offers a very rich object model that developers can use to reduce the amount of code they need to write.
ASP pages must be written with scripting. In other words, ASP pages must be written in a language that is interpreted rather than compiled. ASP.NET allows compiled languages to be used, providing better performance and cross-language compatibility.
With .NET components, deployment is as easy as copying a component assembly to its desired location.
ASP.NET provides features that allow ASP.NET developers to effortlessly create Web services that can be consumed by any client that understands HTTP and XML, the de facto language for inter-device communication.
Probably one of the most intriguing features of ASP.NET is its integration with the .NET CLR. The CLR executes the code written for the .NET platform. The .NET compliers target the .NET runtime and generate intermediate language (IL) binary code (kind of like Java and byte code). The code generated by .NET compilers cannot be run directly on the processors because the generated code is not in, machine language.
During runtime, the .NET compliers convert this intermediate code to native machine code and that machine code is eventually run on the processors. Additionally, the .NET compliers also produce metadata that describes the code. The .NET runtime loads metadata information for performing different tasks like resolving methods calls, loading different dependent modules, marshalling data from one complied, effectively any language that is CLR complaint and can generate IL code can be used to write ASP.NET applications and components.
.NET offers many programmatic improvements and features, one of which is a new version of ActiveX data objects (ADO) called, not surprisingly, ADO.net. ADO.net provides a suite of date handling and binding facilities. The Web is an inherently disconnected environment; a web application connects to a date source, manipulates the date, reconnects to the data-source, and updates the data.
ADP.net has been designed to work in a disconnect fashion, which increase data sharing. Additionally, ADO.Net treats data in a very loose, multidimensional, object-orientated way through a strongly typed object model. With ADO, all data is representations of data are called datasets. Iterating through, updating, and deleting related tables in a dataset is exceptional simple.
Read the below given free pdf eBooks for more information.
Free pdf eBooks
- ASP.NET Web Developers Guide.pdf
- Delphi for .NET and ASP.NET.pdf
- Manuscript Template for Intel Technology Journal..pdf
- ASP.NET Advanced WCF AJAX LINQ Silverlight.pdf
- Microsoft PowerPoint – ASP.NET and VS 2008 Talk.pptx.pdf
- Microsoft .NET – An Overview.pdf
- April 2009 Newsletter for Computer IT Education, Training ….pdf
- MCTS VS 2008 ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Visual C# y Framework.pdf
- Web Application Development Using C# and ASP .Net 2.0.pdf
- Using the ASP NET MVC Framework Using the ASP.NET MVC ….pdf
- Microsoft Word – 21215.3 ASP-NET AppsWP.pdf
- ASP .NET (2).pdf
- NET Developer Job Description v0 2x.pdf
- Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual ….pdf
- Training – Consulting – Mentoring.pdf
- Crystal Reports XI and Visual Studio .NET.pdf
- Crystal Enterprise .NET Server Controls.pdf
- Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in VB 2008.pdf
- .NET Developer.pdf
- COMMON All Day Lab – 10/16/2007 Hands on VB.net and ASP.Net ….pdf
- J2EE and .Net security.pdf
- Creating Form Rendering ASP.NET Applications.pdf
- AJOY KRISHNAMOORTHY.pdf
- ASP to ASP.NET Migration.pdf
- Building an Online Shopping Application and a Web Service ….pdf
- Visual Studio 2008: ASP .NET 3.5.pdf
- 6463 Visual Studio 2008: ASP .NET 3.5 (2 days).pdf
- ASP .NET NOTEBOOK.pdf
- Build Your Own ASP.NET Website Using C# & VB.NET.pdf
- Building Secure ASP.NET Applications.pdf
- Bookstore Application: Client Tier.pdf
- ASP Developer / .NET Developer.pdf
- Bypassing ASP .NET ” ValidateRequest ” for Script Injection ….pdf
- PowerBuilder .NET Compiler: In-Depth Review.pdf
- ASP .NET 2.0.pdf
- Microsoft .NET Software Development Tools.pdf
- Web Development with ASP.pdf
- SAP NetWeaver .NET Controls vs. ASP.NET Controls.pdf
- MICROSOFT DOT NET PROGRAM.pdf
- Introducing .NET and ASP.NET.pdf
- ASP .NET.pdf
- AN EXPERIENCE IN MIGRATING FROM ASP TO ASP.NET.pdf
- ASP .NET (1).pdf
- Common ASP.NET Code Techniques.pdf
- ASP .NET Application Development.pdf