The main objectives of an entrepreneurial development programme are:
1. To identify and train the potential entrepreneurs ins the region;
2. To develop necessary knowledge and skills among the participants in EDPSs.
3. To impart basis managerial knowledge and understanding;
4. To provide post-training assistance;
5. To develop and strengthen entrepreneurial quality and motivation;
6. To analyze the environmental issues related to the proposed project;
7. To help in selecting the right type of project and products;
8. To formulate the effective and profitable project;
9. To enlarge the supply of entrepreneurs for rapid industrial development;
10. To develop small and medium enterprises sector which is necessary for employment generation and wider dispersal of industrial ownership;
11. To industrialize rural and backward regions;
12. To provide gainful self-employment to educated young men and women;
13. To diversity the source of entrepreneurship;
14. To know the pros and cons of being an entrepreneur.
15. To provide knowledge and information about the source of help, incentives and subsidies available from government to set up the project;
16. To impart information about the process, procedure and rules and regulations for setting up a new projects.
Therefore, entrepreneurial development programmes have become imperative for exploiting vast untapped human skills and to channelize them into accelerating industrialization.