Yesterday one of my Junior staff was working on a website developed project for a local college. He was bit annoyed to see the category title in all the web pages. So he decided to hide those Titles . After logging to the admin panel he hide’s the category parameter from the global setting but even then, the category Title were still active in the web pages? This made him very confused. So he came to me with the problem ?
Let’s understand the matter minutely. All the hide/show setting in Joomla 1.5 are present inside the parameter option. And in order to hide/show any option you have to configure it in the Global Parameters Configuration under article manager as well as in the individual menu parameter option. The quickest way to do that is as follows.
Global Configuration (Parameter)
- Open your admin panel
- Go to Content – > Article Manger.
- Now you can find the Parameters icon next to the New button icon.
- Click on the Parameters icon . It will open a pop up window.
- Hide the Category Title option.
Hope after doing the above steps the Category Titles is invisible in your web pages. If not then follow the below instruction.
- Go to Menus and then click on the individual menu option under which the category tile is displayed .
- Now click on the particular menu item.
- From the right hand side box select Parameters- Component.
- From the category Title Combo box select Use Global or Hide option.
Note: If you want that all your global Parameters Configuration should be applicable to all the menus then select Use Global option for all the Parameters Component.