Icon that appears on the browser’s address bar is called Favicon. In this article we will learn how to remove or change our Joomla Favicon from Joomla’s Administrator (Back-end) Panel. To do so please follow the below given steps.
- If we delete the favicon.ico file from our Joomla/root/administrator/templates/khepri folder then the icon will no longer appear on the browser’s address bar.
- But If you want put your logo on the browser’s address bar then you need to replace the favicon.ico file with your logo icon file. Note : your file must be in .ico format.
Converting your jpg file to an Ico file.
- To convert your jpg file to an ico file just download and installed Infra-View (A Free Image Viewer Software).
- And Open you image file i.e. logo.jpg file in Infra-View
- Once done go to File Menu – “Save as ” (Or Press “S” key) and set you file name to “favicon ” and “Save Type As” to ICO – Windows Icon now click the save button or hit the enter/return key.
- And Its all done.