It’s a very good idea to display all our categories in the front end of Joomla. This is particular done, to give our website visitors a easy interface to select their favorite categories in order to read their favorite articles.
This will definitely increase the number of pages view of our Joomla website or Joomla Blog. For doing so we have to install and activate/enable a category module in our Joomla website.
We have used the most popular mod_ja_categorieslist module for displaying all our category list in the left side template position.
Procedure for displaying category list in our website front end.
- Download any category extension module.
- I personally recommend mod_ja_categorieslist from joomart.
- Login to your Joomla Admin Panel.
- Go to Extension- > Install/Uninstall.
- Install the category module.
- Now again go to Extension – Module Manager.
- Activate/enable the so installed module and set it’s template position.
- Click on the save button to complete the process . Preview the website and see all your categories.