Some of the most probably questions on Company Accounts Share Capital which are generally asked in various college and graduation degree examination are as follow:
- What is a Company ? Give the main characteristic of a company ? Distinguish it from partnership ?
- What are the different types of companies ? Give the procedure of forming a company ?
- Write short notes on (i) Minimum Subscription (ii) Certificate of commencement of business
- Define Prospectus. What are the main contents of a prospectus ?
- Give the main provisions of Companies Act regarding books of account to be maintained by a company ?
- What is share ? Discussion the types of shares which a company can issue. Distinguish between equality and preference shares.
- Write short notes on (i) Authorized Capital (ii) Minimum Subscription (iii) Calls in Arrears (iv) Reserve Capital
- What do you understand by issue of shares at par, at premium and at a discount ?
- Distinguish between (i) calls in advance and calls in arrears (ii) forfeiture of shares and surrender of shares ?
- Why allotment of shares is necessary ? Give a specimen of Application and Allotment Book ?
- Give the Journal entries for issue of shares from application money to find call
- What do you meant by over-subscription of shares ? How excess application money is treated in accounts ?
- In what circumstances can a company forfeit shares ? Can forfeited shares be reissued at discount ? If so, to what extent ?
- Explain the Followings (a) Issue of shares at discount (b) Over-subscription (c) Pro-rate allotment of shares (d) Preliminary expenses.