The difference between predator and parasite are:
- It is defined as an animal which preys on other animals for food.
- Usually in a predator prey relationship, the predator is a larger animal.
- The predator kills its predator prey. E.g. Lion.
- It is defined as an organism which lives in / on the body of another organism and derives food and other benefits from it.
- In a parasite-host relationship the parasite is usually small.
- Parasites often cause diseases in their death. E.g. Plasmodium.