Business Studies Question Paper Year 1997.
Group – A
1. Answer the following questions serially in not more than two sentences each:
- What is business Activity?
- mention any two advantages of sole proprietorship business.
- What is the minimum and maximum number of members in a partnership business?
- State the primary motive of a Cooperative society.
- Mention any two important characteristics of public enterprises.
- Under which Act the company form of business is governed?
- Name any two statutory companies in India.
- When will the balance of trade be called unfavorable?
- Name the time of retail trade where same type of commodities are sold in all the shops located through out the country and give an example of this.
- What is insurable interest?
2. Explain the following terms serially in not more than two sentences each:
- Constructive industry.
- aids to trade
- partnership dead
- Limited Liability
- Preference share
- mercantile agent
- Chartered Company
- Bonded warehouse
- Open indent
- Hull Insurance
Group – B
3. Answer any six of the following questions in not more than ten sentences each.
- State the essentials of a successful business.
- What are the different stages of promotion of a company?
- Mention the clauses of Memorandum of Association.
- Distinguish between shares and Debentures.
- State the disadvantages of co-operative societies.
- Mention the various forms of public enterprises.
- Explain the benefits of insurance to business.
- State the economic benefits of transport.
- Explain the utilities of cold storage.
Group – C
4. Make a comparative study of Sole Trader and Partnership business.
5. What is meant by a private limited company? How does it differ from a public limited company?
6. Discuss the functions of wholesalers. What services are rendered by them to manufacturers and retailers?
7. What is meant by Mail Order Business? What are its features and limitations?
8. Explain the procedure of importing goods from a foreign country.
9. Discuss the essentials of fire insurance contract.
10. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a Departmental Store.