1. Nature and purpose of business: classification of business activities: Industry, commerce and trade, objective of business and essential of successful business.
2. Forms of Business Organisation:
- Sole Proprietorship: meaning, characteristics, Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Partnership: Definition, Meaning Characteristics, Partnership Deed, Registration of Partnership, types of Partnership and partners, Rights, Duties and Liabilities of Partners, Dissolution, Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Joint stock companies: Definition, Meaning, Characteristics, formation, types of companies, shares, debentures, Advantages and disadvantages.
- Co-operative societies: Definition, Meaning, Characteristics, Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Characteristics and forms at public enterprises.
3. Channel of Distribution: Wholesaler: Meaning, characteristics and service.
- Retailer: Meaning, characteristics, forms of retailers-departmental store, multiple shop and mail order business.
4. Foreign Trade: Meaning, nature, importance, procedure of export and import.
5. Storage and warehousing: Meaning, functions, benefits and types of warehouse.
6. Transport: Modes of Transport – Air, Water and Land (only a comparative study)
7. Insurance: an introductory idea about types of insurance, principles of insurance, Re-insurance, Double Insurance and Benefits of Insurance.
8. Banking: An introductory idea about commercial banks, their functions and services.