The advantages of tramways. (Business Studies)
Tram cars run on the rails and these are a suitable mode of transport for carrying traffic during busy hours. This type of transport is found in big cities where traffic is busy.
This mode of transport has the following advantages:
- It can carry huge amount of goods and passengers at a time because it has a large carrying capacity.
- The capital investment required for tramways are less in comparison to rail transport. Since it requires less investment, the carrying charges are considerably low.
- In this mode of transport the chances of accidents and breakdown is less and therefore does not involve much cost on reorganization and restructure.
- These are operated in busy areas when other modes of transport fails.
- It is regarded as the most economical mode of transport.