Business activities are divided into the following five categories:
- Activities in relation to production of goods.
- Activities in relation to rendering of services.
- Activities relating to distribution of goods.
- Activities relating to financial assistance.
- Activities relating to distribution assistance.
Business activities may be broadly divided into two categories like industry and commerce. Some authors in business organisation used to divide business activities into three types like industry, trade and commerce. Industry is concerned with making of goods whereas commerce involves exchange of goods between the producer and the consumer.