Sole trading business has social desirability because it renders indispensable services to the society. The society need sole-trade form of business because of the following reasons:
- Sole-trade business has large employment potential because unemployed people can take up this business easily.
- It facilitates the supply of goods cheaper prices.
- It avoids concentration of economic power in the hands of few persons and thereby promotes equitable distribution of wealth and income.
- It provides the opportunity to learn the techniques of the business and as such acts as a training centre for the new comers.
- It promotes a state of independent way of living.