Entrepreneur is the person who takes the initiative of establishing a business enterprise. He is also designated as the captain of the industry, business organizer, and the business manager. The various functions performed by the entrepreneurs are:
- He brings into existence a business unit and therefore he acts as a promoter.
- He prepares the blue of the business activities.
- He arranges the various factors of production and finance for the business.
- He sets up the desired organisation and prepares plans and policies for its smooth operation.
- He performs distributive functions by making necessary payment to land, labour and capital.
- He must be a man of clear vision and full knowledge of business activities.