The Causes of Labor Turn Over can be classified with the following 3 heads:
Personal causes: Workers may leave the organisation purely on personal grounds. These may b Death, Family problems and responsibility, Personal betterment and Retirement.
Avoidable causes: This causes can be avoided if employer takes some steps, these are the following:
- Poor wages.
- Odd working hour.
- Lack of training.
- Lack of good recruitment policy.
- Bad working conditions.
- Dissatisfaction with job.
- Lack of incentive and promotion.
Un-avoidable causes: In certain circumstances it becomes necessary for the management to ask some of the workers to leave the organisation. These circumstances may be as follows:
- Discharge on disciplinary grounds.
- Discharge due to continuous illness.
- Inefficiency and negligence.
- pilferage, theft, dishonesty etc.