The Meaning of Payroll Department In Cost Accounting.
The important activities of the pay-roll department is controlling and accounting for labor costs are as follows:
- To maintain a record of the job classification and wage rate for each worker.
- To prepare pay-roll or wage sheets for each departments.
- To maintain a permanent pay-roll record for each employee.
- To verify and summarize the time of each worker as shown on the time cards.
- To calculate the wages due to each worker.
- To distribute wage and salaries.