1. Development is the product of heredity and environment.
2. Development is a continuous process.
3. Development of various traits is correlated.
4. Development proceeds from general to specific.
5. Development can be predicted.
6. Rate of development is not even throughout.
7. Development follows a sequential order. It is a step by step process.
8. Rates of development of different aspects are different.
9. Every child has his own rate of development.
Various Aspects of Growth and Development these can be named as follows:
(a) Physical growth and development.
(b) Intellectual or mental growth and development.
(c) Emotional development.
(d) Social development.