Environmental Management System is designed to enable the organizations to maximize the beneficial environment effects and to minimize adverse environmental effects. Regulations are made to protect and prevention of environmental pollution.
International Standard Organization (ISO) has prescribed standards for environmental Management. The standard applicable to any organization wishes to:
- Implement and maintain an EMS.
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated environmental policy,
- Demonstrate such conformance to other.
- Seek certification of its EMS by an external agency.
- Make a self determination and declaration of conformance with the standard.