This article describes the various types of methods we can use to conserve the wild life. And 10 Conversation strategy.
Conservation of wild life: The conservation of wild life is possible by maintaining essential ecological processes and life supporting systems.
- To preserve the diversity species.
- To ensure sustainable Utilization of species and ecosystems which | support millions of rural communities and major industries.
Methods of conservation:
- Protection by law : Laws should be enacted to protect wild life. The Indian law for wild life conservation came into force in 1972 as the Indian wild life protection Act.
- Establishment of protected Areas: It is essential to establish wild life sanctuaries, national parks and biosphere reserves to protect wild life. These places provide ideal condition for wild life.
- Restoration of Original habitat: Restoration of original habitat to be built in the deforested areas. Every year Vanmahostav to be observed.
- Better living condition: The animals are to be encouraged to live under the cover of thick grass or bushes and trees.
- Educating common people: Common people to be educated for the conservation and protection of wild life. This is the most effective method of preserving wild life.
- Training of wild management: Training of wild life forest officers, wild life ecologists is essential for conservation wild life.
The strategies developed by the conservation Biological Diversity (CBD) are as follows:
- All efforts to be made to conserve threatened species.
- All endangered species should be protected.
- The wild life must be protected both in natural habitat and artificial habitats by establishing zoological and botanical gardens or parks.
- Varieties of useful food crops, plants, animals and microbes should be preserved for national and international breeding programmes.
- The wild plants and animals should be conserved as a gene bank for the later.
- The habits of animals should be guarded and well protected.
- A protected area to be established to preserve the habitat or migratory or wide ranging animal species.
- Unique ecosystem should be conserved on top priority basis.
- Ecosystem to be determined for exploited species during productive periods.
- International trade and commerce to be prohibited in the areas of wild animals and plants.