It is very much necessary to increase the area under forests due to the following importance:
- In order to maintain ecological balance, it is necessary to have sufficient forest area in a country.
- Forest bring rain and make the climate equable.
- Forests check soil erosion and restrict the fury of floods
- Forests are home of diverse flora and fauna. It provides habitat to wild life.
- Forests absorb carbon-dioxide.
- Forests are sources of many important herbs and material having medicinal value.