The following are some of the services provided by all kinds of C & F agents :
1. Providing warehousing facility to the exporters for warehousing the goods before their transportation to the docks/port.
2. Transportation of goods to the docks and arrangements of warehousing at the port.
3. Arrangement of containers required for shipment of the goods.
4. Booking of shipping space or air freighting.
5. Advising the exporter as regards the relative cost of sending the goods by different airlines/shipping lines as well as selection of the route of the flight/ sea route.
6. Marking arrangements for shipment of goods to be on board the ship/ plane.
7. Arranging for marine/ cargo insurance of shipment.
8. Preparation and processing of shipping documents required for custom clearance.
9. Arranging for various endorsements/issue of certificates from various agencies.
10. Providing assistance in the packing of the shipment.
11. Making arrangements for local transportation of goods to the port/docks.
12. Forwarding the documents to the exporter for their negotiation with the bank.