The major functions of the export promotion councils and commodity boards (EPCs/CBs) are follows:
1) To provide commercially useful information and assistance to their members in developing and increasing their exports;
2) To offer professional advice to their members in areas such as technology up gradation, quality and design improvement, standards and specifications, product development, innovation etc.
3) To organize visits of delegations of its members abroad to explore overseas market opportunities;
4) To organize participation in trade fairs, exhibitions and buyer-seller meets in India and abroad;
5) To promote interaction between the exporting community and the Government both at the central and state levels; and
6) To build a statistical base and provide data on the export and import on the country. Exports and imports of their members as well as other relevant international trade data.