The term and condition of an export order would vary from order to order depending on the nature of product, parties involved and so on.
But the following are the standard clauses of an export order:
1. Product and its description
2. Product specifications as regards its quality
3. Price: FOB/CFR/CIF etc., as per INCOTERMS 2000
5. Payment Term: D/A, D/P, Letter of Credit, Advance Payment etc.
6. Delivery Schedule: Time Period; partial/complete dispatch
7. Mode Shipment: Air/Sea/Road/Post
8. Type of shipment: Direct/Transshipment
10. Labeling, Packaging, Packing and Marketing requirements
11. Insurance: By exporter/importer
12. Documents required
13. Escalation clause: Sharing of increase in cost
14. Force Majeure Clause: Clause providing for excuse of non performance due to acts of God.
15. Arbitration Clause: Clause for settlement of dispute
17. Applicability of Law
The exporter and the importer hold negotiations with regard to the above points conclude the business deal.