Mid latitude deciduous forest on western margin of the continents and parts of eastern Asia, such as Manchuria, Korea, Japan, Western Europe, North East United States.
1. Less leached (compared to podsols).
2. Less acidity (compared to podsols).
3. More humus content (compared to podsols).
4. Thick dense and dark brown B horizon contains minerals and organic colloids.
5. Fertility- Reasonble.
6. Productivity- high (Lime and Fertilizer responsive).
7. Bacterial action- relatively rapid, faster organic matter decomposition.