North America and Eurasia: Humid mid-latitude having Forest vegetation and temperate region having moderate to low rainfall in Coniferous vegetation.
1. Well-developed A and B horizon of soil. Reason: Eluviation and Illuviation.
2. Pronounced leaching. Reason: Sfriowmelt due to water release; high acidity.
3. A Hoi lzon eluviated -bleached grey appearance (silica accumulation).
4. B Horizon illuviated – hard clayey Pan, sesquioxide rich, nodules and concertion of brown colour.
5. Soil reaction – acidic. Reason: Slow organic matter decomposition.
6. Fertility – low.
7. Productivity – low, may be increased by addition of lime and fertilizer.