Along Polar margins in Tundra region
1. Little profile differentiation. Reason: Soil moisture remains frozen for a greater part of the year and frost heaving occurs.
2. Chemical and organic changes are slow. Reason: low temperature condition.
3. Soil reaction is acidic. Reason: Slow decomposition of organic matter.
4. Soil texture: Sandy clay, along with raw humus or peat. Reason: Slow decomposition of organic matter, incomplete weathering.
5. Soil Structure: Angular blocky.
6. Fertility Status: Low. Reason: Inherent climatic and parental limitations.
7. A region of permafrost and frost heaving. Reason: low temperature.
8. Water logging during summer. Reason: release ground melt-water.