Advantages of Ocean Waterways
(1) Ocean transport facilitates foreign trade.
(2) It is also the cheapest mode of transport, as there are no roads or railways to be built or maintained
(3) The ocean offers a free route to all the countries of the world.
(4) It is traversible in all directions.
(5) It is possible to increase almost indefinitely the size of vessels.
(6) The operational cost is less than on any other mode of transport.
(7) Ships can carry more freight than trains or trucks, because of their large size.