The difference between Igneous Rocks and Metamorphic Rocks:
- These rocks are formed by the cooling and solidification of molten magma flowing from the interior of earth during volcanic eruption.
- These rocks often contain crystals of different minerals.
- Granite and basalt are examples of Igneous Rocks.
- Metamorphic rocks are formed out of Sedimentary and Igneous Rocks under extreme heat and pressure conditions.
- Thus, the Metamorphic Rocks are the altered forms of Igneous and Sedimentary Rocks.
- Granite for example changes into Gneiss and Coal into Diamond.