India’s role in U.N.O. India has been one of the staunch supporters of the United Nations Organisation (U.N.O.). It always promoted the cause of U.N.O. and cooperated with it as and when called.
- India has always supported U.N.O. in its move against racial discrimination and freedom of the colonies.
- India is one of the original members of the U.N.O. She has always expressed belief in the aims and objectives of U.N.O.
- Whenever a United Nations Force was set up for peace keeping, India offered her services.
- India has followed a policy of non-alignment and has always played an important part even through the United Nations in reducing the tension between the two power blocs.
- India has been receiving valuable assistance from U.N.O. bodies like the World Bank, Food and Agricultural Organisation and the World Health Organisation.
- Many Indian personalities have adorned the various positions in U.N.O. Mrs Vijay Lakshmi Pandit served as President of General Assembly.