Impact of Imperialism on China :
- China suffered most in the hands of imperialists.
- The Chinese were forced to pay heavy damages to Britain and to open five port cities to British traders.
- Soon, France also entered into unequal treaties with China.
- China ceded Farmosa and other islands to Japan.
- France, Russia, Britain, Germany and U.S.A. divided China into spheres of influence, often described as Cutting of Chinese Melon.
- Thus, imperialism adversely affected economic, political, social and moral conditions of China.