Communalism and Democracy :
- Communalism is a great obstacle in the functioning of Indian democracy. Communalism is religious rigidity towards one’s faith and wrong understanding about others.
- India, being a country of many diversities, specially in caste and religion, its people tend to develop hatred for other’s castes and religions.
- In a democracy, where people form their own Government, such communal feelings are dangerous as votes are also caste on communal bases, thus dividing the society in to communal groups.
- Society divided on communalism mid casteism can not achieve economic growth because a move or step taken by Government is thwarted by such groups.
- Narrow mindedness, prejudices, enmity and many other evils associate with communalism. In democracy, the presence of these evils is self-injurious.
- Communalism is like a poison that can kill our freedom and all good qualities required for the governance of a democratic country.
Sponsored by The Wisdom Post