The following were the main causes of Russian Revolution :
- The condition of the farmers and workers in Russia had become very miserable and pathetic.
- The autocratic rule of Czar Nicholas II had become inefficient. He was weak both in mind and body.
- The Nobles and Romanoves (the ruling family of Russia) enjoyed great powers and many privileges in the society.
- ‘Czar’s (Nicholas II) participation and defeat in the World War. I caused discontent throughout the empire.
- The teaching of Karl Marx and Tolstoy encouraged people to raise a revolt in the country. It was well led by Lenin.
- The revolution of 1905 was the main cause of this revolution as the people of Russia could not forget the Red Sunday.