Raja Rammohan Roy :
- He was the first Indian to take the lead in the direction of social reform and has been rightly called the father of modern India.
- He condemned polytheism and idol worship and propagated the concept of one god of all religions and humanity.
- He attacked the caste system,
- He campaigned to persuade the Government to abolish Sati Pratha and Child Marriage. He advocated widow re-marriage.
- He stood for modem education and the introduction of English education for the propagation of Science in India.
- All the efforts of Raja Rammohan Roy were devoted to modern knowledge and to modernisation of Indian society.