This article describes the differences between Immediate Possession and Mediate Possession.
- Immediate possession in also called as “direct possession”.
If the possessor possessed the thing himself it is called immediate possession.
- If your purchases a book from the book shop personally and have it with you, it is immediate possession.
- I own a house and reside in it. It is in my immediate possession.
- (a) The pledge has immediate possession of the thing pledged. (b) I ride my bicycle. It is immediate possession.
- Mediate possession is also called as “indirect possession”.
- When the thing is possessed through the intervention or agency of some other person, then it is called mediate possession.
- If you send your friend to purchase a book from you’re to Hyderabad, and that friend purchases a book in Hyderabad for you, and possesses it. His possession is mediate until he delivers it to you.
- I let my house to you. You are bound to hand over the house to me whenever I desire. You have immediate possession, and I have mediate possession of house through you.
- I send my servant on my cycle to purchase vegetables. I have mediate possession of my cycle through my servant. My servant has immediate possession of cycle.