Obligations of the Prime Minister of India towards the President and Parliament :
- Link between the President and Council of Ministers: Prime Minister forms a link between the President and the Council of Ministers. He communicates to the President about all decisions of the Cabinet.
- Chief Adviser of the President: Prime Minister is the Chief Adviser of President and is also his right hand man both in peace and war.
- recommends all appointments to be made by the President.
- Prime Minister is the Leader of the Council of Ministers and hence coordinates works of different ministers and smoothens out frictions,
- Chief Spokesman of the Government: Prime Minister is the chief spokesman of the Government in the Parliament on matters of general policy.
- Prime Minister may intervene in the debates on different subjects in Parliament.